Over the course of the next week or so, I’ll be sharing with you some rules that I live by, things I do that make me happy, ways to beat those depressingly dark days of January.
The first one is “invest in everyday pleasures.”
I’m not gonna lie, most of my everyday pleasures have to do with sleeping. Whether it’s springing for a pair of really, really comfortable slippers, a nicer-than-Target-leggings-and-an-old-tee pair of matching pajamas, a room spray to spritz around your bed before hitting the hay – these are all things that may seem unneccessary but totally uplift a totally monotonus everyday routine.
Other things include:
- Flowers or those cute lil’ succulents from Trader Joes
- British Elle or French Vogue magazine
- Inexpensive but original paintings to hang on your walls (<– totally a personal plug. I apologize, kinda.)
- Nice wooly socks.
- High-quality ingredients for a simple meal (Think good cheese, nice wine, fresh bread)
- Spend time with people that you love, people that you think are funny, people that enrich your life – It doesn’t cost anything.